Tuesday 30 June 2015

Remember Your Dream

So, as of today, we've now had half of 2015. How fast did that go?

I don't really "do" new year's resolutions, I'm more of a "1st September new pencil case" kinda girl, so I can't do a revision of how I'm getting on with the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year. But I can look back over the past 6 months with a view to seeing if I want to change anything in my life so that I'm can get closer to my dreams by the end of 2015.

It's easy to get swept up in day to day life, caught up everyday minutiae. When you've had a tough day and all you want is a big glass of Chablis and half a pint of Haagen Dazs, it's hard to remember that you want to lose a few pounds. When you've got a million and one things on your to-do list you can easily forget that this year was going to be the year that you finally learn Italian.



But you need to remember your dream, because within the dream lies happiness. Not just happiness because you've lost weight or because you can now speak Italian, but the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that you feel when you have achieved what you set out to.

And once you've tasted success, well then you'll want to taste it again - and again. When you've conquered one mountain (real or metaphorical), you'll have the confidence to go out and climb the next one, and that's where the journey to achieving dreams that you haven't even had yet begins.

How are you doing with your new year's resolutions? What would you like to accomplish by the end of the year? I'd love to know xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment