Sunday 23 June 2013

A Midsummer's Night Banquet

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows.
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows.
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine.

A Midsummer's Night Dream, William Shakespeare

I don't need much of an excuse to throw a dinner party, and Midsummer's Eve gave me the perfect opportunity!

My best china, crystal and silver came out and the table was dressed with fragrant roses to give my guests a completely decadent experience.





Pretty place cards decorated with fresh flowers to give the personal touch.


The evening began with a cocktail specially created for the evening. The 'Gracella' (a combination of guests' surnames) is a glass of champagne with a good shot of Pimms No.1 and garnished with a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint.


Roast Peach & Parma Ham Salad
A Midsummer's Night Banquet


***

served with rice and green vegetables

***


***

Cheese Plate with Grapes & Chutneys

Margarita Ice Cream
Bailey's - not just for Christmas!
And as if by magic, when I awoke the next morning the fairies had carried away all of the dirty pots and I was left wondering if it had all been just a beautiful dream....

The Morning After

No comments:

Post a Comment