Monday 27 April 2015

My Official Birthday

I've talked before about having the luxury to design one's own life, and I really am committed to making that happen.

One of the traditions that my husband and I have added to our calendar is that of the Official Birthday. Much like the Queen has two birthdays a year, so do we!

It's just really nice to have an extra reason to celebrate and make a fuss of each other. Our Official Birthdays fall exactly 6 months after our actual birthday and mine was yesterday.

You can get my Tiffany Breakfast Tray from Habitat



Unfortunately having an Official Birthday didn't excuse me from work, but I did get my favourite breakfast (crunchy nut cornflakes and full fat milk) in bed before I had to go.


When I arrived back home from work later that day, I was greeted with this beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cute little birthday card.

After a quick turnaround I was then whisked off to dinner with some off our friends who got into the spirit of things by giving me this gorgeous notebook.



Mr. Forcella and I finished the evening snuggled up on the sofa with Hotel Chocolat truffles and an after-dinner coffee. My Official Birthday made a pretty special day out what would have otherwise been an ordinary Sunday.



What traditions do you have in your family? Do you fancy having an Official Birthday?


No comments:

Post a Comment